Dates: July 5th to August 11th 2023
Time: 9:30 AM to 3:00 PM
Extended Day Program: 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM. This is an indoor program outside of regular camp hours.
Camp Dates & Time: Dates July 5 through August 11th
Time: 9:30A.M. to 3:00 P.M.
Extended Hours: Time: 7:30A.M to 9:30A.M. also 3:00P.M. to 5:00P.M.
We will also be offering Sports Specific Camps and Special Interest Classes after camp on select days from 3:00- 5:00 for the six weeks of YAC. There will be a various sports instruction and clinic offerings with trained varsity and college level athletes as well as local coaches. Those sign ups will be in addition to regular camp registration. Each session will take place the same day of the week for the six weeks of camp. Each six week session will cost $42 per child. Class options will include Soccer, Lacrosee, Football, and baseball/softball. Our special interest classes will include film making.
Extended day program will also be availabe this year as well. $2.50 per child per hour. Extended day hours will be 7:30- 9:30 am and 3:00 - 5:00 pm.
Frequently Asked Questions about YAC
1.How long is the duration of camp?
- Camp runs for a total of six weeks, Monday through Friday, from 9:30am to 3:00pm.
2. Do you offer extended hours?
- We do offer extended hours in order to cater to parents who might have scheduling conflicts due to their work schedule.
- Extended hours are from 7:30am to 9:30am and from 3:00pm to 5:00pm.
- By signing your child up for extended hours, you agree to purchase one of our four pre-paid options, which is an additional fee that is not related to our one-time camp registration fee.
- All of the information about our extended day program and the pre-paid options can be found on pages 7 & 8 of the YAC Camper Application.
3. Is the registration fee for each week or for the entire duration of camp?
The registration fee is a one-time fee that covers the entire six weeks which camp is in session. The fee is not pro-rated, meaning that paying the registration fee allows your child to come to camp when it best fits your schedule. This does not mean you can sign your child up for 4 weeks and expect to pay less! It means that once your child is signed up, we will hope to see them at the Park each day but we will leave that decision up to them. The fee can be paid in cash or check, checks must be made out to M.J.P.R.C, and the total fee is due upon registration.
4. What kind of activities does camp consist of?
Our summer camp offers a wide range of recreational activities to keep your child stimulated and having fun throughout the day. Activities can include anything from the basic sports like soccer, baseball, and basketball to arts & crafts to camp favorites like Capture the Flag and our beloved Color Wars. With such a large variety of games and activities, there is no question your child will come home smiling from ear to ear talking about how much fun they had here at camp.
5. Will lunch be provided for my child or will they have to bring their own lunch?
Lunch will not be provided for your child by the Park. Your child will have the option of bringing their lunch from home, setting up a pre-paid meal plan, or allowing your child to buy their own lunch from the independently run snack bar.
6. Weather conditions affect the opening of camp?
Yes, unfortunately if it rains camp will be closed for the day. In order to find out if camp is open or closed for the day, please make a habit of checking our website on a daily basis in order to ensure that we are up and running. The decision to close will be made at 9:00am, if it is raining in the morning. In the event, that it starts raining after the camp day has begun, your child will need to be picked up. Parents are advised to keep an eye on the web site for closure information. Note: we may not close camp due to a short drizzle and what is happening on one side of own may not be happening here
7. How do I find my tax ID number?
Each parent will receive a receipt upon completion of their child’s registration, the receipt will contain any information needed for those in search of tax information.
8. What age group will my child be placed in?
Upon registering your child, you should list on the application the grade they are in currently! So if your child finishes 5th grade come June and is going into 6th grade come September, you still need to register your child as being in 5th grade. Putting down the wrong grade, the wrong first name or inconsistent use of hyphenated last names could result in your child being placed in the wrong group and not being with their friends,
Interested in becoming a staff member? Check out our Employment Opportunities webpage for more information on YAC positions available.