- Use the above application for all full day campers including those requesting to be a C.I.T. (Counselor In Training). Pre-k camper’s application are below under the pre-k heading.
For Grades completed: Kindergarten to 10th Grade
2022 Summer Camp (YAC) information
Dates: July 5th to April 12th
Time: 9:30A.M. to 3:00 P.M.
Extended Day Program 7:30 till camp starts then camp ends at 3 and the program runs till 5:30. This is an indoor program.
Fee Schedule: Monroe $ 250.00 for 1 child
$200.00 for each additional child in
Harriman $ 290.00 for 1 child
$225.00 for each additional child
Child Must Be A Monroe Resident Make checks payable to: M.J.P.R.C. ($25 Service Fee for Returned Checks)
Registration Location: AT SMITH’S CLOVE PARK ACTIVITY ROOM (Questions? Call Joe at 783-9108 Park Administration Office)
Applications will be on-line by the end of March.
Registration will begin in May
Pre-K 1/2 day Camp
For Ages entering Kindergarten September 2022
Time: 9:30 to 12:30 July 5 to August 12th
Fee Schedule: Monroe $ 60.00 for each 2 week session You may register for 1,2 or all 3 sessions
Session 1 July 5th through July 15th
Session 2 July 18th through July 29
Session 3 August 1rd through August 12th
Child Must Be A Monroe Resident Make checks payable to: M.J.P.R.C. ($25 Service Fee for Returned Checks) Registration Location: AT SMITH’S CLOVE PARK ACTIVITY ROOM (Questions? Call Joe at 783-9108 Park Administration Office)
When and Where to Register Smith’s Clove Park
REGISTRATIONS AFTER THE AFOREMENTIONED DATES ARE SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY AND WILL INCUR A $25 SURCHARGE PER CHILD*** ***
REGISTRATIONS ACCEPTED AFTER JUNE 11th will incur a $25 / child late fee
NO REGISTRATIONS ACCEPTED AFTER Final Registration TBA
Frequently Asked Questions about YAC
1.How long is the duration of camp?
- Camp runs for a total of six weeks, Monday through Friday, from 9:30am to 3:00pm.
2. Do you offer extended hours?
- We do offer extended hours in order to cater to parents who might have scheduling conflicts due to their work schedule.
- Extended hours are from 7:30am to 9:30am and from 3:00pm to 5:00pm.
- By signing your child up for extended hours, you agree to purchase one of our four pre-paid options, which is an additional fee that is not related to our one-time camp registration fee.
- All of the information about our extended day program and the pre-paid options can be found on pages 7 & 8 of the YAC Camper Application.
3. Is the registration fee for each week or for the entire duration of camp?
The registration fee is a one-time fee that covers the entire six weeks which camp is in session. The fee is not pro-rated, meaning that paying the registration fee allows your child to come to camp when it best fits your schedule. This does not mean you can sign your child up for 4 weeks and expect to pay less! It means that once your child is signed up, we will hope to see them at the Park each day but we will leave that decision up to them. The fee can be paid in cash or check, checks must be made out to M.J.P.R.C, and the total fee is due upon registration.
4. What kind of activities does camp consist of?
Our summer camp offers a wide range of recreational activities to keep your child stimulated and having fun throughout the day. Activities can include anything from the basic sports like soccer, baseball, and basketball to arts & crafts to camp favorites like Capture the Flag and our beloved Color Wars. With such a large variety of games and activities, there is no question your child will come home smiling from ear to ear talking about how much fun they had here at camp.
5. Will lunch be provided for my child or will they have to bring their own lunch?
Lunch will not be provided for your child by the Park. Your child will have the option of bringing their lunch from home, setting up a pre-paid meal plan, or allowing your child to buy their own lunch from the independently run snack bar.
Weather conditions affect the opening of camp?
Yes, unfortunately if it rains camp will be closed for the day. In order to find out if camp is open or closed for the day, please make a habit of checking our website on a daily basis in order to ensure that we are up and running. The decision to close will be made at 9:00am, if it is raining in the morning. In the event, that it starts raining after the camp day has begun, your child will need to be picked up. Parents are advised to keep an eye on the web site for closure information. Note: we may not close camp due to a short drizzle and what is happening on one side of own may not be happening here
7. Does the camp go on any trips? ( the decision to offer an extended trip package is sill under review)
Yes, the camp goes on trips within the area visiting places like The Castle in Chester, the movie theatres, and the Rockland Boulders. However, certain trips are designed for specific age groups so no child will be able to experience all of the trips we schedule throughout the six weeks. Trip packets will be made available upon registration so parents can sign their child up ahead of time, along with giving them all of the details involved. All trips will require a separate fee which will be stated in each individual trip packet. We must have on file a parent authorization to allow a child on a trip.
8. How do I find my tax ID number?
Each parent will receive a receipt upon completion of their child’s registration, the receipt will contain any information needed for those in search of tax information.
9. What age group will my child be placed in?
Upon registering your child, you should list on the application the grade they are in currently! So if your child finishes 5th grade come June and is going into 6th grade come September, you still need to register your child as being in 5th grade. Putting down the wrong grade, the wrong first name or inconsistent use of hyphenated last names could result in your child being placed in the wrong group and not being with their friends,