Welcome to Smith’s Clove Park’s Dog Park
Dog Park Rules and Regulations
All rules pertaining to Smith’s Clove Park, also pertain to this Dog Park
You are entering an off-leash dog park; enter at your own risk
- Dog owners/guardians must accept full responsibility for themselves, their children/guests and their dog(s) while in the park.
- Owners must carry a leash at all times. Please leash and unleash your dog inside the double-gated holding area. Never carry your dog into the Dog Park.
- Never open more than one gate at a time. If an owner and his/her dog(s) are in the holding area, stand outside and wait for him/her to enter or exit.
- Dogs must first be registered with Smith’s Clove Park prior to using this facility. Properly registered dog’s owner will receive a confirmation card to carry while in the dog Park.
- Dogs showing aggression towards people or other animals must be immediately removed from the park by the owners/guardians
- Owners should not leave their dogs unattended or allow them to be out of their sight.
- An adult must accompany minor children.
- Parents should refrain from bringing toddlers or small children into the park, Please remember this is a Dog Park and not a playground for children.
- Children should not run with the dogs or chase them while in the park.
- Puppies under four months of age are prohibited, as they are not yet protected from diseases.
- Owners must clean up after their dogs. Waste disposal bags and trashcans are provided.
- Owners must stop dogs from digging and immediately fill holes.
- The number of dogs per person is limited to three (3). No commercial dog services.
- Dogs in heat will not be allowed inside the park.
- Separate areas for large and small dogs are designated, please adhere to those guidelines.
- This is a partial listing; please refer to the “Dog Park Rules and Regulations” you received when you registered your dog.
THE DOG PARK BELONGS TO ALL OF US! PLEASE HELP US
KEEP IT SAFE AND CLEAN!
To apply by mail: Complete the Application, include your Park ID number, sign the application, sign the waiver, proof of Town of Monroe dog license and payment. Mail to Smith’s Clove Park, 133 Spring St. Monroe NY 10950
From the Park… Go out the back exit make a right. At the top of the hill bear left onto Schunemunk and follow till your first left onto Smithfield Ct. The entrance to the park is at the end of Smithfield Ct and Park Ave.
From Noth Main St… At the intersection of N Main St., Route 208 and Schunemenk go onto Schunemunk and make your first right onto Smithfield Ct. The entrance to the park is at the end of Smithfield Ct and Park Ave.